WORK IN YOUR WHEELHOUSE
Whew….let's jump right in and let me say…YOU ARE NOT MADE TO DO EVERYTHING! Ima give you a minute to read that sentence again and most importantly VERY slowly. Notice I did not say, you won't have to learn new things. Notice I did not say, you are not smart, talented, and gifted. Notice I did not say "should not," I was intentional when I typed….MADE and here's why….You are designed and endowed with unique gifts, talents, and skills. Those gifts, talents, and skills when combined produced amazing results known as YOUR PURPOSE!
However, you must be willing to dedicate the time, money, and energy to enhancing and multiplying everything you have been given. And this is where most entrepreneurs start dropping the ball. The majority of new entrepreneurs get stuck in hustle mode and never progress to GROWTH mode. Hustle mode is the default setting for most of us because it is the path we are taught and trained for during our school years. You know the "go to school, get good grades, go to college, so you can work for someone else, and then retire and relax the last 10 years of your life."
But to be an entrepreneur means you have to kill that mindset and learn how to think differently to see and understand a new perspective.
That new perspective is to accept that if it is NOT in your wheelhouse, you probably need to get your hands out of it. Well, then HOW do we know what is in our wheelhouse?
1. I recommend taking a few personality, spiritual, and strength-identifying tests. You can find several of these on the internet for free, or go ahead and invest in the full version so you can begin to understand yourself.
2. Make a list of all the things that light your soul on fire. Make a list of the things that come naturally to you. Make a list of what people come and seek your advice for.
3. Make a list of all the things you hate doing. Make a list of all the things that take you more than 2 hours to do. Make a list of all the things you that give you anxiety and/or that you avoid.
Once you have completed the above tasks you will soon uncover your CORE VALUES. I'm a huge advocate of building a purpose-centered business and this always begins with discovering what "seeds of potential" dwell inside you (core values). These seeds are what you need to focus on, put your energy into, and revisit whenever you need to make a major decision. In brief, your Core Values are what your wheelhouse revolves around.
Gaining clarity into who you are, what you are designed to do, and developing a plan to create a platform of service for the world is the definition of purpose walking. Purpose walking is not easy and many struggle with it because it requires a narrow focus on a specific and definitive path. It requires a commitment to saying NO to the unnecessary, learning to ask for help, and an investment.
So here's my advice for anyone wanting to ELEVATE in their mind, body, spirit, and/or business:
1. Work within your wheelhouse. Be honest about your weaknesses and instead of wasting time trying to change them, how about pouring more into increasing your strengths.
2. Be committed to the process and not just the outcomes. The process is where the progress happens, so if you don't learn to fall in love with that, then you will keep stalling out.
3. Get and set HARD boundaries. You cannot do everything because remember the first thing I said was you are NOT designed that way.
WHO AM I?
I’m Kandis Troutman, The Creative Architect. I'm a mother, teacher, and spiritual seeker focused on purpose walking and serving others. I help women activate their God-given power so they can transform their purpose into a prosperous business.
Thanks for reading my post. I try to publish new posts weekly, but I believe in leaving room for God, which means there are no guarantees. But check in often and let me know what content awakens your spirit and I’ll be more than happy to share my experiences.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d appreciate it if you would like, comment, and/or share it on your social media. A sincere THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Don’t allow your life to become what you should have done or what you wish you could have accomplished. Instead, step into the greatness that is your destiny and start creating, building, and elevating the life of your dreams.
Ready to ELEVATE your business, but need help structuring your services and designing your systems?
Grab my FREE EIGHT DAYS OF STRATEGY